Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Debate Peter Schiff

Sort of. I called up and argued with him on his radio show. It's in two segments because first I called and he had to go to interview a guest, then I called back. Segments 1 and 2 are below. You can also download the whole show at Peter's website here, at least for now. It's the January 11 show. Or download segment 1 and segment 2.

Update-Yanked embedded audio because it wasn't working.

Didn't quite work out as well as I'd have liked because I never really got rolling. I think he misunderstands me as if I'm claiming that there should be laws against breaking up a company, which is not at all true. China blocks short term speculative capital flows as I understand it, and this removes some of the incentive for a Bain Capital to come in and dismantle a solvent company in the interest of short term profit. Anyway, it's OK. Just getting my feet wet a bit. Next time I'll need to try and be more concise and hope that works better.

1 comment:

Sheldon said...

Right wing talk show host will never give their opposition a fair opportunity to make an argument, the game is rigged to make you fail.